MRG Systems was founded in 1983 through funding and support from Panther Securities PLC. They continue to support the company and in 2011 provided us with new premises at The Mill.
MRGs digital display systems have been adopted by such diverse organisations as the BBC, The Houses of Parliament, Bookmakers and many schools and colleges. The company is based in Stroud and benefits from the combined skill-set of software house and hardware development.
- MRG’s first bookmaking customer was William Hill who used our BAGS system for almost 15 years
- BIDS followed, development commenced with Paddy Power in the 1990s, it continues to this day
- BIDS was an early adopter of drag and drop technology
- The AV300/360 family is possibly the most resilient in-shop PC available to the industry with proven low maintenance call-out rates
- BIDS was one of the first systems to incorporate screen previews of the display outputs
- BIDS sets the benchmark for the fastest and most highly automated studio software available
- The first system capable of changing channels from the head office studio
- The first to develop the concept of ‘Grouping’ to address and control LBOs throughout the estate
- The first to introduce a Silks editor and one that stores the silk against the horse for all future races
- The only system that employs the concept of automated marketing pages to eliminate dead screen time
- An additional Help Desk module to assist fault finding and improve overall service levels
- A zoning amplifier designed specifically for LBOs
- Digital to analogue converter (DVP100) in preparation for the digital switch over
- iMERGE digital signage mixes content from third party data feeds with branded advertising, promotional pages and good news stories
- The first ever touchscreen form guide (DailyForm) to be introduced to the industry
- 2011 MRG launches BIDS5, the most advanced screen system available to the betting industry. The system utilises standard PC hardware and HTML templates
- March 2012 we replace our twelve year old digital signage system in Parliament with new 40" LED backlit screens. Data from the Parliamentary data feed is integrated with 21st century digital signage
- Spring 2012 we embark on a Joint Venture with The Lines Group. VistaPad combines touchscreen technology from MRG with a powerful CMS backend from Lines. Estate Agents & Lettings Agents are the first sector to benefit
- Summer 2012; SIScom box developed for SIS to control audio switching in their clients shops
- January 2013 the new MRG digital signage website goes live
- May 2013 we launch the AIRbox. Four audio inputs, twelve infrared channel inputs and up to eight keypad inputs. BIDS5 and AIRbox deliver the most comprehensive control systems available in a single integrated system.
Discover why we are one of the leading audio visual information display developers